Do you know what’s more fun than New Year’s Day? Well New Year’s Eve of course! Standing on the borderline of two years, bidding adieu to one with mixed feelings and ushering in the new one with mixed anticipations along with the thrill of counting the seconds and shouting “Happy New Year” to friends and family, I really feel that nothing beats 31st December.
So, as this year comes to an end and you have planned to host a New Years’ eve dinner at your place, I have the perfect recipes that will help you make this dinner a memorable one.
This fruit punch is a great way to start the dinner. The fresh winter fruit juices and the warmth of the brandy stir up an appetite.
You Will Need
White cranberry juice- 1 cup
Fresh pomegranate juice- 2 cups
Sweetened pear nectar- 1 cup
Sparkling white wine- 1 bottle (750 ml)
Cherry brandy- 1 cup
Fresh cranberries- 1 cup
1. Take a punch bowl and mix all the juices.
2. Add the wine and the brandy. Add some ice cubes and chip in the fresh whole cranberries.
A Christmas eve gathering must start with a delectable appetizer and what’s better than a steaming bowl of cheese fondue?
You Will Ned
Gruyere cheese- ½ pounds
Swiss cheese- ½ pounds
Dry White Wine- 1 cup
Flour- 2 tablespoons
Salt- ½ teaspoons
Nutmeg powder- ½ teaspoons
French loaf- 1 (about 1 pound)
1. Take a fondue pot and simmer the wine in it. Grate both the Gruyere and the Swiss cheese and add to the simmering wine. Remember the cheeses bit by bit and stir continuously to ensure complete melting.
2. When the cheese has melted, add the flour and stir well. Add the salt and the nutmeg powder and keep stirring.
3. Cut the loaf into small pieces of about 1 inch each and serve the loaf bits with the hot fondue in the pot. You may use crackers, small sausages or other things along with this fondue to your guests.
Bring home a piece of Italy with this mouth-watering meatball recipe. Serve it along the main dish and kick in the New Year with style.
You Will Need
Ground meat- 1 pound (beef/pork)
Onion- 1 (diced)
Parmesan cheese- ½ cups (grated)
Bread crumbs- ½ cups
Worcestershire sauce- 2 tablespoons
Garlic salt- ½ teaspoons
Sea-salt- ½ teaspoons
Italian Seasoning- 2 teaspoons
Dried oregano- 1 tablespoon
Skimmed milk- ½ cups
Red pepper flakes- 2 teaspoons
Hot pepper sauce
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C, if you want to use the oven to cook. Take the minced meat in a big bowl. Add the onion. Season the meat with salt, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes, dash of hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce and mix really well.
2. Now season the bread crumbs with some salt and pepper and add it to the meat mixture. To the meat also add the grated Parmesan cheese and the skimmed milk and incorporate thoroughly.
3. Now make 1 or 1 ½ inch thick meat balls and put them on a lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes or till done.
4. In case you are frying, fry over low heat till the balls become golden in color.
5. Serve the balls with any sauce or chutney you like., safety tips of weight training for women, tips on weight training for women, weight training for women