Thanksgiving gives you the chance to bring the entire family together and show them how much they mean to you. The spirit of Thanksgiving is celebrated over a thankful dinner or lunch and a sweet celebration such as the Thanksgiving calls for a sweet ending. You can end your dinner with a traditional dessert or opt for something new.
Rich Chocolate Mousse Tart
Who doesn’t love chocolate desserts? This rich tart with a velvety mousse come out as an out-of-the-world dessert, that you’ll be really “thankful” for.
For the Crust
Ice-cream cones crushed- 18
Coarse sea salt- ½ teaspoons
Granulated white sugar- 2 tablespoons
Unsalted, melted butter- 6 tablespoons
For The Mousse and Topping
Raw hazelnuts- 1/3 cups (peeled and chopped)
Granulated white sugar- ¼ cups
Water- ¼ cups
Coarse salt- 1/3 teaspoon
Heavy cream – 2 cups
Dark chocolate- 5 oz (chopped)
Confectioner’s sugar- 2 ½ tablespoons
Serves: 8 people
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor combine together the cones, sugar and salt until you get a fine crumbly mixture. Add the melted butter and combine thoroughly. The mixture should feel like wet grainy sand.
2. Take an 8 or 9 inch tart pan with a detachable bottom. Press the crumb mixture on the bottom and on the sides of the tart pan. Bake this crust till it turns golden brown. This takes around 20-25 minutes. Let the baked crust cool on a wire rack.
3. Prepare the topping by combining hazelnuts, sugar, salt and water in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer gently for 1 minute. Strain the nuts and bake them for 15 minutes till they are toasted and appear shiny.
4. To prepare the mousse filling, pour 1 cup cream into a saucepan. Bring it to a simmer and add the chopped dark chocolate. The chocolate will melt. Let the mixture stand for some time.
Take the other cup of cream along with confectioners sugar and whisk till it forms gentle peaks. Gently fold in the chocolate-cream mixture. Do not stir or whisk. You want the mousse to remain light and airy.
5. Pout the mousse into the crust and top and refrigerate. Add the hazelnut topping and serve chilled.
Easy Oreo Truffles
If you want to make desserts that will consume less time but will still fetch you compliments, well this easy recipe is just for you.
OREO chocolate sandwich biscuits – 1 pack (16 oz)
Cream Cheese- 1 pack (8 oz)
Bitter sweet chocolate – 8 oz (melted)
Makes – 30 pieces
1. Crush 9 Oreo cookies and spread on a flat plate. You can use a food blender or batter them inside a Ziploc bag using a rolling pin. Crush 36 cookies and transfer to a bowl. Add the cream cheese and mix thoroughly. Shape into small balls. Make 30 balls.
2. Dip each ball in the melted chocolate and then roll them over the crushed Oreo plate.
3. Refrigerate till firm.
Ideas For Easy Thanksgiving Desserts
How To Plan A Memorable Thanksgiving Dinner
Great Ideas For Thanksgiving Appetizers
Tips For Simple But Delicious Thanksgiving Appetizer Recipes
All-time Favourite Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
Double – Decker Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin pie is a traditional Thanksgiving dessert but this dessert has been given a twist for all the cheesecake lovers out there.
Softened cream cheese- 8 oz
Granulated white sugar- 1 cup
Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
Eggs- 2 (large)
Packaged cracker crust – 1 (9-inch)
Cinnamon powder- 1 teaspoon
Pumpkin puree- ½ cups
Ground clove- 1 pinch
Nutmeg powder- 1 pinch
Whipped cream (for topping)
Serves: 8 people
1. Preheat your oven to a temperature of 300 degrees.
2. Take a bowl and put in the cream cheese. Combine the softened cream cheese with sugar and vanilla. Beat well until creamy and smooth. Add the eggs and mix thoroughly. Take about 1 cup of the batter and spread it all over the bottom of the crust to make the first layer.
3. To the remaining batter add the puree and the spices and mix well. Pour this batter into the crust on top of the other batter.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes or till it is done.
5. Cover and refrigerate for some time.
6. Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream.